Nintendo seems to be putting out Nintendo Direct videos as if the world is going to end by the time the year is over (darn you, Mayans!). This time, we get some more news about a few Wii U titles that we have already known about! Mostly it is just more vaguely detailing when the games will come out. But there is one new thing, and it involves maps!
The thirty minute video touches on several games. Who wants a list of games they talked about? YOU DO! All of these games are supposedly coming out in the spring of next year.
- Lego City Undercover
- Super Bricks allow you to build special buildings and objects, and you can use the GamePad to find these blocks.
- Pikmin 3
- Now slated to come out during quarter 2 of 2013. WEAK.
- Game & Wario
- 16 games instead of a ton of mini games
- One game is like old Wario Ware, where there are lots of mini games, but there is a twist. The mini games are on the GamePad, and on the TV you have to also make sure your video game mom doesn’t catch you playing games after bedtime. Neat.
- Fruit – A game where the GamePad holder is a thief, and the rest of the people try to figure out who it is.
- Wii Fit U
- This version includes the Fit Meter, a pedometer that tracks your calorie usage during the day that you can upload to the game.
- There are 77 fitness activities to choose from.
- Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
- Weapon switching as well as moves list are provided by the GamePad screen.
- 2 player online coop in beat-em-up style levels. There is also an adversarial online multiplayer mode.
- Panorama View
- Google Maps – Early next year you should be able to download a Google Maps app that will let you do street view using the GamePad. Pretty neat.
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- Brain Age: Concentration Training
- Basically, they are saying that we have too many devices now that keep us from getting anything worthwhile done, so this time around Brain Training will help concentration.
- Fire Emblem: Amakening
- Releases Feb. 14, 2013
- You can now pair units on a single tile for boosted attacks and affinity between characters.
- There is a character in this game who claims to be Marth. What?!
Those are the bigger titles that were mentioned in the video. Some eShop titles also got a few sentences, but I was too slow is writing them down, so you will just have to watch the video.
Other than the Google Maps integration, nothing horrendously new was shown. It’s sad to see Pikmin 3 get pushed back a little, but I suppose that is the way of Nintendo games. I have a feeling it’ll come out on the last day of the “Wii U launch window” so they can still say it technically was a launch title. Oh well, polish it up, Nintendo. Everyone wants a good Pikmin title.RELATED: