Take note, iOS board game enthusiasts, because of today’s revealing of the new iPhone 5 (it’s longer! WOW!), the good folks over at Days of Wonder are making available one of their biggest hits for free for the next few days: Ticket to Ride Pocket.
This news comes from the ol’ Twittersphere:
To celebrate Apple’s new iPhone 5, Ticket to Ride Pocket is FREE for the next 5 days! Offer ends on 9/16 at midnight goo.gl/qkFGp
— Days of Wonder (@days_of_wonder) September 12, 2012
If you have never played the title (in real life or otherwise), then the game goes something like this: basically, you are tasked with joining cities with the majesty of rail, and you get secret cards that tell you which two cities you need to join. The tracks inbetween are different colors, and on each turn you can pull colored cards from a stack that match up to those rails or attempt to lay more rail lines. The first person to run out of rail to lay ends the game, and points are added up. Simple and fun, and fistfights might ensue because you cut off someone else’s track with your line.
The mobile version comes with these features:
- Multi Mode feature incorporating iOS Game Center asynchronous play support on iOS 5
- SOLO, PASS-and-PLAY and LOCAL network play
- Ticket to Ride for iPad compatibility over LOCAL networks
- Four distinct AI personalities to compete against in SOLO mode
- 30 uniquely fun SOLO Game Achievements and Leaderboards
- USA 1910 expansion available as in-game purchase
- Apple Game Center support
- Brand new 90 second tutorial video
So hurry up with it if you are an iPhone user and download this game. It is good times. Also, here is something to listen to while you download it:RELATED: