With Mario Kart 8 just a month away from release, Nintendo has decided to finally give us a whole heap of details about the game during this wacky Nintendo Direct. So watch this video and try to not think about how blue shells will want to make you throw your controller through a window.
We almost have too many details, but let’s try to digest some.
- 30 racers with the option to use Miis
- New items like the Super Horn that can blast away blue shells!
- 4 online modes for up to twelve racers
- User created online tournaments
- Mario Kart TV – view race highlights from around the world and upload your own to Youtube
- Real people recorded music for the tracks!
Even better news is that if you register Mario Kart 8 with Nintendo before July 31st, Nintendo will give you the option to download New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U for free.
Additionally, a new Wii U bundle will be available with MK8, a Wii Wheel, and Wii Remote for $330, though if you were really savvy, you’d just get the New Super Mario Bros. U bundle that is currently out for $300 and buy MK8. That would be $360 for three games then whatever you choose to download for free. BUT DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.
Mario Kart 8 will launch on May 30th.RELATED: